Fear of Flying course
v1 aviation gives anyone the opportunity to fly a large commercial jet aircraft
V1Aviation’s Fear of Flying Programme is specifically tailored to help anyone overcome their phobia of travelling in an aircraft. We offer these sessions to anyone who wants to face their fears and gain a greater understanding of how an aircraft is controlled by seeing first hand all the safety measures and systems that pilots have to keep their passengers safe. We will go through in detail, every stage of flight and will start with a briefing before the session on the basics of the aircraft and other important information. You will have the opportunity to ask as many questions as you want before our fully qualified pilot instructor will then take you to the simulator of the aircraft you have chosen, to go through a session that will be built around your personal specifications.
Our fully qualified instructors will guide you through the processes, explaining in great detail what is happening and why during various stages of flight to put you right at ease. We will explain the procedures involved in flying any aircraft, explain all the noises that aircrafts make during flight and explain what happens in various emergencies and the systems to prevent collisions. We will offer a demonstration and then give you the chance to experiment with the aircraft as much as you want in the safety and comfort of a simulator that you can control. We can also go through various failures and emergencies that are a rare event in aviation and show you how the pilots trained and how the aircraft are built to handle them whatever the issue. There will be plenty of opportunity to stop and go through things again for your piece of mind and comfort, at your pace.
We will make sure you leave happy. Going through the process of flying a commercial aircraft, we hope we are able to remove some of the mystery. We can make you feel confident enough to sit back, relax and enjoy the next flight you take on holiday or business, making the whole experience one to look forward to with happy memories at the end.
8 proven ways to help your in flight experience
1. Latch on to triggers that set you off. Figure out what frightens you and examine how your anxiety reaction is triggered.
2. Step onto the airplane with knowledge. Anxiety thrives on ignorance, and feeds off “what if?” catastrophic thoughts.
3. Educate fellow fliers how to help you. Other fliers need to know what frightens you, along with what helps you most to cope with anxiety during a flight.
4. Separate fear from danger. It is often difficult to separate anxiety from danger because your body reacts in exactly the same way to both.
5. Recognise that common sense makes no sense. Anxiety will trick you into thinking you are in danger when you are perfectly safe.
6. Smooth over things that go bump in the flight. To manage anxiety when turbulence hits, learn about airplanes and how they are designed to handle turbulence.
7. Anticipate your anxiety. Anticipatory anxiety is what we experience in anticipation of a fear.
8. Value each flight. Exposure is the active ingredient in overcoming your phobia.
The Airbus A320 is the most common airliner in use at the moment, with one taking-off somewhere in the world every 2.5 seconds.
A choice of locations
Fear of flying courses take place at either our Burgess Hill or Gatwick facilities.
So come and take the controls of one of the most advanced flight simulators in Europe with an experienced airline pilot to guide you through the flight. Normally reserved for airline pilot training, this is a fantastic opportunity to experience flying a nearly 80 tonne Airbus a320 anywhere in the world! Our instructors are hand picked for their flying experience, piloting capabilities and friendly and approchable personalities.